By defeating India by 34 runs in Sydney match, Australia registered 1000th victory in International Cricket. Australia became first team in the history to achieve this. Despite of suspension of Steve Smith and David Warner, Australia played well against India and won Sydney ODI match. (Image source – Twitter)
Records that made 1000th International win possible
- Australia had won 558 One Day International matches, 384 tests matches and 58 T-20 matches. (Records till 12th January 2019).
- Australia’s 558 ODI wins are highest by any team in the world.
- Even Australia’s 384 test wins are also highest for any team.
- Australia lifted ODI Cricket world cup for the record 5 times.
- Even Australia had unbeaten streak of 35 matches in Cricket world cup.
- Former captain Ricky Ponting claimed 376 wins for Australia.
- Australia beat England for the record 234 times in 509 games.
ICC announced this via twitter.
Australia register their 1,000th victory in international cricket! 👏
— ICC (@ICC) January 12, 2019
Follow SportsWhy for more Cricket, Football and WWE updates and articles.
Read the full match score here.